November 16, 2012
By David Albright, Christina Walrond, and Andrea Stricker
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) released on November 16, 2012 its latest report on the implementation of NPT safeguards in Iran and the status of Iran’s compliance with Security Council resolutions.
1. Number of Installed Centrifuges both at Fordow and Natanz Increased;
2. No Additional 19.75 Percent Enriched Uranium Hexafluoride Sent to the Uranium Fuel Fabrication Plant at Esfahan;
3. Number of Cascades Producing Near 20 percent LEU Remains Constant;
4. All Centrifuges Installed at Fordow;
5. Advanced Centrifuge Program Making Progress;
6. Nuclear Spill Occurred at Uranium Conversion Facility;
7. Little Hope for Structured Agreement to Resolve Issues on Iran’s Past and Possibly On-Going Military Nuclear Activities;
8. Iran Continues Sanitizing Parchin Site;
9. IAEA Reiterates its Current Inability to Verify Completeness of Iran’s Declaration, Underlines its Mandate to do so.
View the full report here: ISIS Analysis of IAEA Iran Safeguards Report from November 16, 2012